Traditional Easter eggs
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
Make some traditional painted Easter eggs with your child.
Making your own traditional Easter eggs is an activity for all the family to get involved with and it’s a fun way to celebrate Easter. How you decorate your eggs is only limited by your imagination and your tolerance for glitter all over the floor.
- Fresh eggs
- A sharp needle
- To prepare the eggs, you will need to poke a small hole into both ends of the egg and drain the yolk and white from the egg into a bowl. You may need to blow through one hole to help remove the contents.
- Now thoroughly rinse the inside of the eggs and leave to dry.
You can always use the eggs to make Salmon Quichettes for lunch.
Another alternative is to buy polystyrene eggs from the local craft shop.
What you will need:
- Huggies Change Mats for a craft mat
- Glitter, sequins
- Scraps of coloured paper, fabric,
- And anything else you can think of that may be useful
Now simply decorate to your hearts content!
These look beautiful lined up on the kitchen windowsill.