Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Mind Builder, Just for fun
Play Little Shopper at home and teach your toddler all the different types of shopping items.
My 3 year old loved this when I did it for him. He likes to pretend that he’s doing my supermarket shopping for me, and he buys me the things I need. Plus it’s a neat way to recycle. – Angela from Lynmore
You will need:
- Save up your supermarket pamphlets and catalogues usually found in your junk mail advertising weekly specials etc.
- Cardboard (eg. from breakfast box packaging)
- An ice-cream container (or something similar)
- Roughly cut out the shopping items you want to go shopping for from the pamphlet.
- Glue these onto the cardboard and allow to dry.
- Nicely cut out the items from the cardboard.
- You’re ready to go shopping with your little one! You can use the ice-cream container as a shopping basket and storage container.
- Talk about each of the shopping items and what they are for as you play the shopping game.