Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
A cool twist on a classic dessert.
As if decorating cupcakes weren’t fun enough, your kids will adore scooping batter into these ice-cream cones to make these sweet treats! What a fun activity for your child’s next birthday party!
What You’ll Need
- Boxed cake mix
- Packaged frosting
- Flat-bottomed wafer cones
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven and prepare the batter according to the package directions.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Place the cones into the sections of the tin.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to spoon the batter into the cones, about 2/3 full.
- Bake according to package directions (or until cake tester comes out clean).
- Remove the cones from the tin, and set them on a flat surface to cool.
- Once they are cool, frost and decorate with sprinkles or chocolate sauce so that it resembles a scoop of ice-cream with a topping.
What’s the best part of this treat? Finally, your child can enjoy her dessert in a cone without worrying about it melting!