Age: baby, toddler
Skill for Bub: Muscle Builder, Hand/eye coordination, Mind Builder
Let your budding Picasso create masterpieces without the mess.
Your child may be too young to use paint, but that doesn’t mean he can’t express his art. Keep him clean and safe by filling a plastic zip-sealing bag with a variety of non-toxic paints, colourful baby foods, or puddings.
- Fill baggies with 2-3 spoonfuls of squishy, colorful foods or paints. Contrasting colors and textures — jelly and pudding, for example — will keep babies’ attention.
- Be sure to seal the bag completely. (If the bag feels flimsy, consider double-bagging the contents.)
- Place this color pouch on a flat surface, such as a high chair tray or outdoor picnic table, and tape the sides down.
- Let your child squish around the paints to his heart’s delight!
- Talk with him about the colours, and introduce new ones when bags’ colours become mixed.