Hide 'N Seek Muffins
Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
A sweet surprise is in store for those who bite into these fun-filled muffins.
Children will just adore “hiding” secret ingredients in these easy-to-make muffins. Make the muffin mix from a store-bought brand or from scratch:
1 ½ cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking power
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ½ tablespoons melted butter
Secret ingredient: Consider chocolate kisses, blueberries, sliced strawberries, apples, or bananas
- Preheat the oven to 190 C degrees.
- Have your child help you pour the dry ingredients into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and help your child mix together until smooth.
- Help your child fill a paper-lined muffin pan with the batter.
- Allow him to decide which secret ingredient should go in the middle.
- Allow him to push it down into the center of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool on a bakers rack for at least 10 minutes.