Mashed Potato Snowman
Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Finicky eaters can’t wait to gobble down their vegetables with this spud of a guy!
If you’re having trouble getting your little one to eat vegetables (or anything else of nutritional value) you aren’t alone. Lots of mums have attempted a number of creative ways to make veggies more enticing for kids. Here’s one easy idea to try.
What You’ll Need
A baby carrot, halved and cooked
3 string beans, cooked
Green peas, cooked
6 broccoli florets
Make a Mashed Snowman
- Using an ice-cream scooper, spoon a ball of mashed potatoes onto your child’s favourite plate.
- Use the back of the spoon to flatten the top of the potato mound.
- Stack two more scoops on top in the same fashion.
- Press peas into the potatoes to make the eyes and coat buttons.
- Stick the carrot in the center of the top potato ball to use as the nose.
- Use the string beans as the mouth and arms.
- Spoon a layer of mashed potatoes on either side of the snowman.
- Stick the florets in to use as trees in a forest where the snowman lives.