Butterfly finger puppets
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Wriggle your fingers to make your butterfly puppets fly
CAUTION: Adult supervision is always recommended when creating these crafts.
You will need
- A few sheets of coloured cardboard
- Double-sided tape
- Have a few sheets of coloured cardboard to choose from.
- Cut some rectangles and wrap these around your fingers to make tubes. When you happy with the size, use double-sided tape to stick down the edges.
- Cut some coloured ovals then folded them in half as butterfly wings.
- Cut smaller shapes to use as decoration on the wings.
- Using strips of double-sided tape, attach 2 sets of wings to one side of the cardboard tube (made earlier).
- Lastly, attach two thin strips of cardboard at the top as antennae for the butterfly.
We made several different ones. Once made, you can put them on your fingers and wiggle them about to make them fly…