Homemade fish aquarium
Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Just for fun
A fun and artistic activity that can be as elaborate as you like!
What you’ll need
- 1 shoe box (adult shoe box is better as it is bigger)
- blue paint
- coloured paper / cardboard (green, orange, pink, yellow)
- colouring pencils / textas
- pictures of under the sea creatures – eg fish, starfish, sea horses (print coloured pics from the internet and ones your child can help colour – print them small so they fit in the box)
- cotton to hang your fish
- craft glue (or sticky tape)
- shells (optional)
- coloured cellophane can also be used
Get your child to paint the inside of the shoe box blue. Leave the bottom to paint yellow or glue yellow paper to (for sand).
Get your child to colour or make all your under the sea creatures (coral, green seaweed, starfish), then cut them out.
Pierce a hole in the top of your fish, then tie some cotton on. Stick the other end of the cotton to the top inside of the shoe box. Have different lengths of string, so the fish are swimming at different depths. Put a fish towards the front of the box, middle of the box and back of the box so they are not all swimming in the one line.
Use sticky tape or glue to stick in your seaweed, coral and other under the sea things.