Penguin Money Box
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind Builder
Show your kids how to use recycled materials to make a Penguin Money Box. Then introduce them to the concept of saving-up: a great incentive!
So much fun and the kids will just love it and is a great incentive for them to start
saving! - Alecia, NSW.
- UHT milk carton
- Crepe paper (black, white and orange)
- Small sheet of cardboard, or paint a ceral box (for feet, beak and wings)
- With an empty UHT milk carton, cut out and glue on some crepe paper to form the body of a penguin (black for the body and white for the tummy)
- Wait for the body to dry and then cut out card board in the shape of feet, beak and wings (roll half of the wing before glueing on, to give it that bit of a curl out from it’s body)
- Then glue on some orange crepe paper then glue those parts onto the face and body to form the penguins features.
- Scrunch up a few little balls of black crepe paper for the eyes and buttons down his tummy.
- At the top of the carton just lift open the little cap which becomes the part where u insert ur coins and then close it again.
So much fun and the kids will just love it and is a great incentive for them to start saving!!
From Alecia Brown