My Bean Tambourine
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind builder
A homemade musical instrument that’s as much fun to make as it is to play.
CAUTION: Adult supervision is always recommended when creating these crafts. Please note that there may be small parts for some of the crafts that could be a choking hazard for children under three years of age and/or tools needing close adult supervision. Created crafts may not be intended for use as toys and these should only be used with adult supervision by children under three years of age.
Your musical munchkin will love banging out the beat with this special tambourine he can help make.
What You’ll Need
- Two sturdy paper plates
- Crayons, glitter pens, and stickers
- Craft glue
- 1/2 cup of dried beans
- Using crayons, glitter pens, paints, and stickers, help your child to decorate the bottom sides of both plates.
- Pour the beans onto one of the plates.
- Apply a thick layer of glue to the rim of the plate and cover it with the other plate, like a closed clamshell.
- Wipe away any excess glue that may seep out through the sides.
- Once it is dry, perform a test run to ensure that no beans can escape.
As always, be sure to supervise your child when playing with this toy.