Huggies and Playgroup
Age: , baby, toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Just for fun
Find out how Huggies sponsors Playgroup Australia.
What are Playgroups
Huggies supporting Playgroups
Huggies is proud to support Playgroup Australia. They are a wonderful, non profit organisation who do so much for parents and children every day of the year. Our partnership aims to:
- Acknowledge the importance of parenting support and provide a range of resources and information through www.huggies.com.au to playgroup families.
- Promote community Playgroups and the importance of play in a child’s formative years to the thousands of Australian families that subscribe to www.huggies.com.au.
- Thank and recognise Playgroups and their volunteers for the important contribution they make to local communities.
- Create awareness of Playgroup events such as National Playgroup Day and other events families with young children will benefit from.
So, what is a Playgroup?
A Playgroup is an informal session where parents, carers, children and babies meet together in a casual, relaxed environment.
Playgroups are set up and run by parents and carers, with children choosing from a range of activities set up to meet their varying needs. Activities at playgroup are either free or low cost, and may include:
- music and singing
- imaginative play
- outdoor and free play
- art and craft activities
This is not a drop off service, parents and carers stay to interact with the other adults and to play with the children. What usually starts off as a chance for the kids to have a play ends up as a great support system and outlet for mums too, especially if there is a cup of coffee involved.
Where are they held?
Playgroup can be held anywhere that is safe for children and where groups of people can meet – community and neighbourhood centres, health clinics, women’s centres, preschools and kindergartens, church halls and even in someone’s house if they don’t mind the mess.
Does my child need to be a particular age to start?
No child is too young to attend a playgroup. All children from 0-5 years, including babies, love new experiences and benefit from developing sensory, social and communication skills through activities at playgroup.
What are the benefits?
Kids love Playgroups because they can:
- try new things
- expand their social skills
- learn about sharing, co-operation and simple routines, mums love this one too
- interact with other adults and children in a safe environment
- enjoy learning more about the big wide world
Playgroup is not just for kids! Adults also benefit from playgroup – it’s a time to talk, de-stress, make friends and share experiences both good and not so good.
How do I join?
There is a Playgroup Association in every state and territory in Australia to help you:
- find a local playgroup which suits your needs
- set up a new playgroup
If you would like to start a new playgroup in your area or join an existing playgroup, call your Playgroup Association on
1800 171 882 (free call) or you may like to connect to the Playgroup Australia website search page.
For on-line enquiries go to State and Territory Playgroup Associations