Baked Quinoa with Beans
Keywords: family, healthy eating, winter
We’re crazy about quinoa. Not only is it super nutritious, but it has a wonderful texture. Special thanks to Huggies mum Wincy for this fab recipe!
- A little oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp each of cumin, oregano
- 1 can of 4 bean mix
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed
- your choice of steamed vegetables and salad to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat up the oil and saute the onion and garlic until lightly brown. Remove from heat Add in the cumin and oregano, quinoa, water and diced tomatoes. Give it a good mix, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Bake it for half an hour in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In the meantime, drain and rinse the beans and corn kernels.
- After the first 30 minutes, stir the beans, corn and spinach into the quinoa mixture and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...