Keywords: family, healthy eating, protein, winter
Keep the chills away on cold winter nights with this deliciously simple dinner. Special thanks to Huggies mum Lana for this recipe.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 boneless, skinless, split chicken breasts halves
- ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp capers, drained
- Pour the olive oil on bottom of a 5-7 quart crock pot.
- Salt and pepper each chicken breast and then place the chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Put sliced onion on top of chicken. Then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves.
- Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes, olives, and capers.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4 – 6 hours. Serve over pasta or rice.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...