Carrot and pineapple muffins
Keywords: baking with kids
Have fun teaching the kids how to bake by trying this recipe together. Little ones can help with the sifting and stirring (and the eating!)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 440g can crushed pineapple (drained)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl, add sugar, and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Wisk oil and eggs until pale and smooth, stir into flour mixture.
- Add carrot and pineapple to mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin and smooth surface.
- Bake 15-20 mins until skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre of muffin.
- Cool in tin for 5 mins, then on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Ice with icing of your choice.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...