Keywords: easter, parenting
It wouldn’t be right to celebrate Easter without making the Easter Bunny’s favourite cake would it? Delicious and quick to make, here’s a fail-safe carrot cake recipe for you.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 cups (firmly packed) grated carrot (approx 3-4 carrots)
Cream Cheese icing
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g pkt cream cheese, softened
- 500g icing sugar mixture, sifted
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease and line base of your tin
3. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla and whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, sift sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt.
5. Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and add carrots, stir gently to combine.
6. Spoon into prepared tin, then bake on lowest shelf of oven for 55 minutes. (Helpful tip: cover the top of cake with baking paper after 30 minutes to prevent over-browning) or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool cake in tin, then turn on to a wire rack.
8. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
9. Add cream cheese and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
10. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, then add lemon rind and juice and beat until well combined.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...