Chicken and Veg Mix
Keywords: parenting, healthy lifestyle tips
Nice chicken and veggie mix that is great for the kids and adults too! You can blend and add herbs and spices to meet the tastes of every age group.
- 1 Chicken breast fillet – small
- 1 potato
- 1 small carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 piece of sweet potato (about the size of a small potato)
- 1 piece pumpkin, butternut (same as above)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Dice chicken breast very finely, pop into a pot, add water and let simmer on stove. (when putting in water make it enough so it will just cover the vegies when put in)
- Chop all vegies to tiny little cubes.
- Skim off any ‘fluff’ from the top of the chicken broth.
- Add vegies and stock.
- Allow it to boil till very soft and water is almost gone.
- Add tomatoe paste, mix in well.
- Keep on heat till most of the water has evaporated and mix is quite thick.
- When you mix in the paste the vegies will break up a bit, making it a bit thicker.
- You could add some pasta shapes if you wanted to extend the meal a bit.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...