Chicken in cream sauce
Keywords: family, protein, winter
Special thanks to Huggies mum Tania for this recipe. The creamy white sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a hearty chicken and veggie dish.
- selection of aromatic base veggies – potatoes, carrots, celery, onions
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cups of stock
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 1 bottle of cream
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Put stock and wine into big pot with all the veggies. Add chicken and simmer until cooked through.
- Place butter in small fry pan and melt. When melted, add flour and stir until it comes together and forms a roux. Roll into balls and put in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from stock and leave to cool before shredding apart. While chicken is cooling, continue to boil the liquid to reduce (about 15 minutes).
- Turn temperature down and add cream to liquid and veggies. Then add roux balls one at a time, stirring until dissolved.
- Add chicken back to pot and warm through.
- Serve with or noodles.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...