Chicken pot pie
Keywords: family, healthy eating, protein
Big thanks to Huggies member Julianne for this fantastic chicken pot pie recipe! Not only does it taste great, it will also fill your home with delicious aromas while cooking.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of vegetables (carrot, peas, corn, capscium, asparagus, potato, pumpkin, sweet potato – anything really, just chopped into 1cm cubes)
- 1 x Masterfoods Slow cooker farmhouse chicken casserole recipe base
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- egg yolk or milk for glazing
- Saute garlic and onion in frypan. Add chicken thigh fillets and brown all sides. Place in slow cooker bowl.
- Briefly par-cook vegetables and herbs in frypan.
- Add vegetables and wine to slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 4 hrs.
- 40 mins before serving time, preheat oven to 200. Roll pastry and arrange on top of casserole. Brush with egg yolk or milk to glaze. Bake in oven for 30 mins or until pastry is golden brown.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...