Keywords: baking with kids, chocolate
This decadent dessert will be sure to please even the fussiest of cake-lovers. Choose any chocolates you like to decorate!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 100g dark chocolate melts
Chocolate icing ingredients:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate melts dark/milk
- And any chocolates you prefer to decorate!
- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl and add milk, eggs, vanilla and oil, beat til well combined.
- Melt your dark chocolate and add to the cake batter. (It’s for added richness!! My trick.)
- Pour into a lined round (25cm) cake tin and bake on 180 degrees for approx 25 minutes or til springy in the middle. Cool.
My Famous Icing:
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar to a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix well.
- Melt some milk/dark chocolate (1/2 cup) and stir fast into the icing mixture, you will notice it thickens fast! Spread immediately!
Then decorate with any chocolates!
Submitted by Natalie, WA
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...