Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
These little biscuits contain a delicious combination of cinnamon and almonds. They don’t take long to make but you need to leave a bit of time between the preparation and cooking stages. It’s worth it though. They’re impossibly more-ish!
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 1 ½ cups ground almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Crown shaped cookie cutter, but any shape will do.
- Beat the egg whites using a wooden spoon until they start to become stiff
- Add the icing sugar, ½ cup at a time until you create a smooth paste.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the mix and set it aside.
- Fold in the ground almonds and cinnamon to the remaining mix.
- Place the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lightly dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll the mixture out to about 3 mm thick..
- Cut out the crowns using the cookie cutter. Keep dipping the cookie cutter in the icing sugar to help stop it sticking.
- Brush or spread the reserved icing on each crown, working it out to all the points.
- Leave the tray out to dry out the crowns for at least 2 hours if you can.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave on the tray until completely cooled.
- You can store these in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes approx 15
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...