French Onion Soup with Cheesey Garlic Bread
Keywords: nutrition, soup, comfort food, warming, winter food
What’s not to love about a classic and warming French onion soup? You’ll forget about winter in an instant with it’s delightful aromas and subtle flavours!
- 5 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 6 cups of beef stock
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 French stick, cut into 2 inch rounds
- Olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove
- Cheddar Cheese
- Thinly slice onion. Heat pan and add butter and onions. Add salt and pepper, stir until caramelized (30 mins). Reduce heat.
- Add stock, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to pot. Mix in onions and give a good stir. Boil and cook for 30 mins.
- Cut french stick and brush with oil, stop with crushed garlic and cheese. Cook until golden.
- Fill a bowl with soup and then top with garlic bread.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...