Gluten-free chocolate cake
Keywords: snack, kids party food, chocolate, dessert, sweet treats
This cake is great for satisfying those chocolate cravings while getting some real nutrition and keeping blood sugar levels even. Special thanks to Huggies mum Karen for this fab recipe!
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1 cup cacao
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp stevia (or, if preferred, 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 cup mixed nuts/dried fruit/desiccated coconut
- 2 tblsps psyllium husk
- pinch salt
- small amount of water to make batter smooth
Mix all ingredients together. Place in greased, non-stick pan. Bake at 150 degrees celcius for 35-50 minutes, until a skewer placed in the centre comes out clean. Serve as is, or wait until cooled to finish with the following icing.
- 1 tblspn milk
- 2 tblspns olive oil spread
- 1/2 tspn stevia (or 1/2 cup icing sugar if preferred)
- 1.5 cups cacao
Mix together all ingredients to create a smooth paste. Ice evenly over cake.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...