Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Keywords: parenting, kids party food, kids party ideas
Looks like ice cream, tastes like cake! The kids will be thrilled with this beautiful, fun treat that is super fun to cook with them too.
- 100grams butter
- 1 1/3 cup SR flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon bi carb
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 60grams butter softened
- 3 – 4 cups of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 – 2 tablespoons milk
And for the cones, just pick up your favourite flat bottomed ice cream cones from your local supermarket, coloured or plain.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs till just combined. Sift flour, and bi carb. Add to creamed mixture with milk, Stir until well combined.
- Spoon into ice cream cones to just above half and tap lightly to remove any air bubbles trapped under the mixture.
- Place into a muffin tin to help keep the cones upright. Cook in the middle of the oven, keeping a constant eye on the cooking.
- Cook for approx 15 – 20 minutes depending on your oven temperature. Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the cupcake ice cream cones are done!
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Topping: 60grams butter softened 3 – 4 cups of icing sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla 1 – 2 tablespoons milk
- While the cupcakes are cooling mix together butter, icing sugar and vanilla. Add milk until you reach the desired thickness. It will need to be stiff enough to hold it’s shape.
- If you don’t have a cake decorating piping set, get a glad ziplock bag and fill with icing, push into the bottom corner and twist the bag to form an airtight seal. Snip the corner off and begin piping on the top of your cones.
- Note: The picture attached is using a cake decorators piping bag and large star tip. Enjoy!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...