Lamb and veggie roast with potato wedges
Keywords: nutrition, parenting, iron, protein
The whole family will love this hearty roast. With options for babies, toddlers and even the grown-ups, it’s sure to become a fast favourite.
- 500g lamb mini roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800g potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into bite size lengths
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins – 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Rub lamb with 2 tsp of oil and brown in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Toss potatoes and pumpkin in remaining oil and place on another baking tray lined with baking paper. Place wedges on one side and pumpkin on the other. Bake for 1 hour adding tomatoes and asparagus for the last 15 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile bake browned lamb for 20-25 mins. Remove from oven when cooked, while potatoes and vegetables finish cooking. Loosely cover lamb with foil and rest lamb for 10 mins before carving.
- Carve lamb into thin slices. Serve with wedges and roasted vegetables.
Blend small slice of lamb (25g), 1 potato wedge (25g) and 1 tbsp of roasted pumpkin (35g) for a smooth puree. Add 1 tbsp of boiled water if needed.
Pulse a slice of lamb in blender with 1 tbsp of boiled water until partially smooth. With a fork mash 1 potato wedge and 2 tbsp of roasted pumpkin. Combine with blended lamb.
Cut a slice of lamb into thin strips. Cut 3 wedges and some vegetables into pieces for small fingers.
Cut potato into mini wedges before baking. Cut lamb into strips and roll around asparagus tips and sliced pumpkin into wheels. Serve with halves of the roasted cherry tomatoes. (Remove skin if preferred).
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...