Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
Teach your kids how to bake with this simple and delicious lemon tart recipe.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250g flour
- 60ml water
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 – 3 lemons, juice and rind
To make the pastry:
- Roughly chop butter into pieces and place in a food processor. Add flour. Process until mixture resembles a fine breadcrumb.
- Add 60ml of chilled water and process until just comes together into a dough. Tip onto floured surface and bring together into a flattened disc. Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- Roll out to about 3mm thick, cut into approx. 7cm discs and place in greased cupcake tin.
- Prick base with fork and bake in 190 degree oven for about 10-15 mins.
To make the lemon filling:
- Place sugar, corn flour, and egg yolks into saucepan and heat.
- Gradually add water, lemon juice and margarine.
- Stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, add rind and cool.
Spoon cooled filling into cooled pastry cases. Serve with a mint leaf for garnish and a scoop of ice cream.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...