Mini Christmas puddings
Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
We’ve hand picked recipes that don’t require any oven time to make it that bit safer for little hands. While it might get a bit messy at times it’s part of the joy of preparation at Christmas time.
- 120gms dark chocolate
- 60 ml double cream
- 1 (800g) bought plum pudding
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice
- extra chocolate for dipping (or cocoa if you prefer)
- 100g white chocolate melts
- 12 cherries finely chopped
- 12 spearmint leaves chopped into smaller pieces.
- Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper.
- Break dark chocolate into heatproof bowl and add cream.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue heating for ten seconds at a time until chocolate is melted and cream is combined.
- Place fruit cake into the bowl and crumble it.
- Add juice slowly, one tablespoon at a time until it is moist enough to hold together.
- Place mix in refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove the mix from the fridge. Scoop into tablespoon sizes and roll into small balls. Place carefully on plate.
- Melt extra chocolate. Cool slightly. Dip truffles into chocolate one at a time to coat with chocolate. Remove with fork, Place on baking tray to set. Return to fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place white chocolate melts in heatproof bowl. Microwave on low heat for one minute and then stirring every ten seconds until melted.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Drizzle half a teaspoon of the white chocolate on top of each mini truffle.
- Place a piece of chopped up cherry on top on top and a small spearmint leaf each side of the cherry on top of the melted chocolate.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. They will keep for 3 or 4 days.
Makes approx 20
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...