Pumpkin and Lamb casserole
Vegetables can and do taste great, and kids love them too – if you prepare them the right way. This pumpkin and lamb casserole is the perfect combination.
- 300g lean Lamb diced
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handfull of chopped green beans
- 2 diced carrots
- 1/4 0f a small pumpkin diced
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- herbs, salt optional and mint to taste
- a small portion of jasmine rice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Get your helpers in the kitchen to assist you with washing your fresh green beans and carrots
3. Chop the vegetables (you can pre-cook in the microwave to soften the pumpkin)
4. Heat oil in a large stovetop casserole dish or heavy-based ovenproof pan over a medium heat.
5. Simmer the garlic, onion s until softened (cook for 3-4 minutes)
6. Add your lean mince to the mix and simmer until brown
7. Top with pumpkin, season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
9. Remove lid and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned and lamb is tender.
10. Serve with a small portion of jasmine rice
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...