Sam's easy pasta bake
This traditional Maltese dish is a family favourite, passed down through the generations. Pasta is yummy and easy to make – eat it hot or cold!
- 2 x Heinz creamy tomato soup for one or 1 x Heinz tomato soup
- 500g packet of pasta cooked, drained and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1-2 tins of corned beef
- 200g diced bacon (optional!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 6-8 eggs combined with a fork
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons mince garlic
- Cook the pasta, drain and allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Combine together in the large bowl (or the pot the pasta was cooked in) – corned meat, soup, tomato paste, garlic, eggs, 1 cup grated cheese, salt and pepper and fresh basil.
- Place into a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and breadcrumbs on top and bake till golden brown (approx 20 mins).
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...