Slow cooked beef stew
Keywords: iron, protein
Break out the slow cooker and try this hearty beef stew recipe for a dinner the whole family will love!
- 700g chuck or other stewing steak
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Turn the slow cooker onto high and coat with non stick spray.
- Cut the meat into 2cm cubes. Place it in the slow cooker.
- Lightly brown the onions, garlic and bacon in the oil in a large frypan for 5 minutes. In the meantime, put the remaining ingredients in with the meat.
# Add the pan contents when ready, stir everything together then put on the lid.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 6-8 hours. Taste before serving and add extra salt or brown sugar if necessary.
- About 15 mins before serving, thicken the liquid with cornflour mixed to a thin paste with water and switch the heat to high.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...