Steamed sago layer cake
Keywords: baking with kids, chocolate
This unusual cake looks incredible and tastes fantastic too!
- 250g rice flour
- 50g tapioca flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1050 ml coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon chocolate pasta
- Mix the tapioca flour, rice flour, sugar, and coconut milk until smooth, add vanilla extract, salt and mix well.
- Divide mixtures into 2 bowls; add cocoa powder into one of the bowls.
- Prepare baking pan, spray with olive oil spray, put the baking pan into steamer, heat up for 10 minutes.
- Put 2 ladles full of white mixture into the pan, steam for 5 minutes, and then add 3 ladles full of chocolate mixture, steam for 5 minutes and continue creating the layers until all mixtures finished.
- Make sure the addition of each layer is the same proportion to create beautiful even layers and similar consistency.
- Steam until cooked through, take the pan out and cool.
- After cool down, cut the cake and serve.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...