These easy savouries are quick and simple but very moreish. Makes 24- 36 savouries
- 2 sheets of ready-made puff pastry
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped black olives
- 1 Tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- I Tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 24-36 slices of ripe tomatoes
- 100g creamy blue cheese, thinly sliced
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut as many discs as possible from the pastry sheets. Using a smaller cookie cutter, press it onto each cut-out disc, taking care not to cut through the pastry – this gives the discs a narrow border.
- Keep the discs chilled until needed.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the cream cheese with the olives, spring onions, cayenne, garlic and capers.
- Place the pastry discs on an oven tray, top each with some cream cheese mixture, a tomato slice and a sliver of blue cheese.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...