Vanilla cake pops with white chocolate icing
Keywords: snack, baking with kids, kids party food
These are fun to make and a great treat. We love that they are just a small portion so you don’t over do it when having a little naughty treat. Submitted by Huggies member Melissa.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packs of white cooking chocolate buds
- coloured sprinkles
- coloured ribbon
- cake pop tin
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven. Grease cake pop tin – top and bottom.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture will separate at this stage). Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cake pop mould. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stand cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate down and coat each cake pop. Dip into coloured sprinkles and place onto a baking paper lined plate and in the fridge to set.
- Once set, tie coloured ribbon around the base of the cake pop.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...