Vegetable and Bacon Pasta
A delicious way to get the veggies into the kids, and have a colourful dish! this is a quick , easy, nutritious and yummy meal for the whole family as well.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 piece pumpkin
- 1 small piece cauliflower
- 2-4 mushrooms
- 250g bacon pieces
- 350g pasta
- 1 large & 1 small tin Evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- cracked pepper & parmesan to serve.
- Peel zucchini & pumpkin; chop in small pieces and place in boiling water along with cauliflower. (Use same water you will for pasta, it saves boiling two lots).
- When soft, place in large jug with mushrooms, evaporated milk and cornflour. Blend with stick mixer. (use slotted spoon to remove from water rather than drain).
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- In separate saucepan, fry off bacon. Stir in blended veges / milk mixture & cook until slightly thickened, but don’t worry too much cause it will absorb into pasta if you let it stand a few minutes before serving.
- Drain pasta and stir in sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan (and cracked pepper for the big people).
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...