iron, essential fatty acids
This is such a great salad for mums. It’s low GI releasing energy slowly into your body, it’s packed with all important nutrients and most importantly it’s delicious! Beetroot is one of the most powerful super foods (yes even the canned kind!), spinach contains both iron and folic acid which will help with your energy levels and mood swings. Michelle.
5 Minutes prep
1. Combine the baby beets, lentils, baby spinach, shallot and mint in a salad bowl.
2. Crumble over the ricotta.
3. Combine the oil and vinegar. Season the salad with pepper and drizzle over the dressing.
• Option: Take out the ricotta and olive oil and add 100g per person of grilled chicken breast.
• Feel free to replace the lentils with cannellini beans or chickpeas.
This recipe is from Michelle Bridges
Michelle Bridges has over 120 simple, nutritious, and delicious recipes as part of her 12 Week Body Transformation.
Visit www.12wbt.com and find out why so many Mums love this program.