Beef and sweet potato burgers
Give regular burgers a healthy veggie boost with this quick and easy recipe. You can blend half a patty with water and avocado for babies, or make fun mini patties for toddlers.
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 mixed grain rolls
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced red onion to serve
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Steam or boil sweet potato until tender. Mash. Combine with garlic, beef mince, parsley, zucchini and egg. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat large non-stick frying pan. Add oil and heat. Cook patties over medium heat for 4–5 mins on each side or until cooked. Keep warm.
- Half the rolls and toast. Top one half with lettuce, burgers, onion and tomato. Top other half with sliced avocado.
Blend 1/2 patty with 1 tbsp boiled water until smooth. Serve with 2 tbsp of pureed avocado.
Fork mash 1 patty and serve with 2 tbsp of mashed avocado.
Make 2–3 mini burger patties for little fingers to pick up. Serve with a tbsp of grated carrot, 2 quartered cherry tomatoes and 2 cucumber slices. Spread 4 baby squares of bread with a tbsp mashed avocado.
Make 3–4 mini burger patties. Place on top of toasted rounds or squares of sliced bread, topped with a slice of baby tomato. Top 3 toasted rounds of bread with sliced avocado. Serve with steamed carrot sticks.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...