Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls
Keywords: snack, toddler, lunch box
Cheesy vegemite scrolls are great for the whole family. While cooking keep the toddlers entertained for hours with some of the dough!
- 3 cups S.R. flour
- 1 – 2 tbsp Vegemite
- Pinch Salt
- 50g butter
- 200g grated cheese
- 375 ml milk
- Pre-heat oven to 220C
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl
- Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine bread-crumbs
- Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough
- Knead on a lightly floured board
- Roll to form a rectangle that is roughly 40cm x 25cm
- Spread vegemite over the dough using a blunt knife
- Sprinkly 3/4 of the cheese over the top
- Roll up the dough starting from a long side first
- Cut 10 × 4cm pieces from the roll
- Place these pieces close together, cut side up on a greased baking tray
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 min.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...