Keywords: snack, toddler, lunch box
Here’s a cute twist on the traditional gingerbread man. Great for themed parties, Halloween, or Friday the 13th.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 125g softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 T golden syrup
- Mix butter, sugar and golden syrup on low heat until combined, remove from heat, add egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Form into a ball and wrap with glad wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Using half the dough at a time, roll out to 6mm thick and cut into shapes using a gingerbread man cutter.
- Bake 5-8 minutes @ 190degC.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Ice with white icing made from and egg white and enough icing sugar to make the right consistency for piping. Pipe icing onto each biscuit to look like bones.
- Start with a skull, then a spine, ribs, leg boned in two parts (above and below the knee), and arms in two parts.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...