Happy Rice Balls
Keywords: snack, toddler, carbs, lunch box
Sushi is a popular and healthy choice for all ages. These Happy Rice Balls are a simple introduction to the core sushi ingredients with a fun twist for little ones.
- 2 cups steamed Japanese rice
- 1 sheet of dried nori (seaweed)
- Salt to taste
- a dash of sushi vinigar (optional)
- Steam the rice and add the sushi viniger and a pinch of salt to taste
- Let the rice cool a bit so you and your helpers can handle it
- Wet your hands and shape a large spoonfull into a triangle
- Cut some of the nori into strips and some into little eyes and mouth’s.
- Wet your finger and stick the strip around the bottom so you have somthing to hold onto when eating them.
- Wet finger and stick the face on.
- Eat cold (these are good for lunch boxes too just wrap in cling wrap)
You can add tin tuna in the middle or Raisons or even left overs like thinly sliced meat and vegetables
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...