Keywords: family, bbq, dessert
Get the kids to help make this delicious jelly slice. They can have loads of fun crushing biscuits, mixing the filling, and pouring in the jelly. Thanks to Huggies mum Sarah for this brilliant recipe!
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 1 X 85g packet jelly (any flavour – but Port Wine is the best)
- 1 X 250g packet of Marie biscuits
- 170g of butter melted (not margarine)
- 1 X 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (bottle lemon juice best)
- Lightly grease a 25 X 30cm tin with butter or oil. Add a good teaspoon of gelatine to the packet of jelly. Make up as directed on the packet. Set aside to cool
- Crush the Marie Biscuits and combine with melted butter. Combine very well and press into prepared tin. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Dissolve the remaining gelatine in ½ cup of boiling water and allow to cool slightly. Combine condensed milk with lemon juice and stir in cooled (not cold) gelatine mixture. Pour over the biscuits base and allow to set in fridge.
- When the mixture is fully set pour over the jelly mixture. For best results, pour over the back of a spoon to keep the layer even. Then refrigerate again until the jelly is set.
- To serve, cut into squares with a sharp knife or wet bladed knife.
- Make sure jelly is cold but not set to pour.
- I sit the slice on a fridge shelf to pour jelly in as it fills to top.
- I am a little generous with the gelatine to set it well.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...