Mrs Ratty's Choc Button Slice
Keywords: baking with kids, kids party food, chocolate, dessert, sweet treats
This is a great last minute recipe as it can either be served cold, or still warm and oozy from the oven. It was shared with us by Huggies mum Erin, who received the recipe from a family friend affectionately known as “Mrs Ratty.”
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Line a Swiss roll tin.
- Combine sugar & melted butter, blend well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Spread 3/4 mixture into prepared tin.
- Sprinkle choc buttons over the mixture.
- Put teaspoons of the remaining mixture over the top, allowing the chocolate buttons to show through the gaps.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Slice into squares and serve.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...