Pesto chicken pasta
Keywords: family, healthy eating, protein, winter
Special thanks to Huggies mum Kylie for this fantastic pesto chicken pasta recipe!
- 3-4 chicken breasts with skin on
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 2 cup penne or spaghetti
- 1 capsicum roughly chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place 1 tsp pesto under the skin of the chicken and ensure the pesto covers all the breast under the skin. Season skin with oil, salt & pepper.
- Bake chicken for 35-40 mins or until juices run clear (will vary depending on the size of the breasts).
For the pasta:
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook for approximately 15 mins or according to directions until al dente.
- In a frying pan brown and soften the onion and capsicum.
- Drain cooked pasta, add onions, capsicum, tomatoes, feta and remaining pesto and stir through.
- Serve the chicken breasts on top of your pesto pasta.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...