Scrumptious cinnamon apple scrolls
Keywords: snack, kids party food, dessert, sweet treats
Special thanks to Huggies mum Sophie for this delicious recipe. The perfect kids birthday party snack, or just a cheeky afternoon tea treat.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- tinned pie apple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- splash of milk
- Mix plain flour, caster sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Add thickened cream to the dry mixture and mix until you are able to combine all ingredients.
- Gently knead on a floured bench (approx 2 minutes).
- Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Melt butter and brush over the rolled out dough.
- Use tinned pie apple (or peel and stew your own) and spread evenly over the dough.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Roll length ways and cut into sections and place on lined tray.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly brown in a moderate oven.
- To finish mix icing sugar and a splash of milk (to create a slightly runny consistency) and drizzle over scrolls while warm.
- Sit back with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...