You can start using the shower at any time with your baby. It is really trial and error as to whether they will like it or not. Here are a few tips to make your baby showering experience more fun and a little easier.
- Have a dry cloth on hand to wipe their eyes if water gets in them.
- Wearing a t-shirt while holding your baby stops them from becoming too slippery.
- Remember that the floor of the shower will become a little slippery as you use soaps or shower gel, so be careful.
- Encourage singing in the shower, it really does sound different to your toddler.
- Using a wash cloth is more effective than a bar of soap as it is not quite so slippery and it’s an easy one handed manoeuvre.
- Massaging your baby with baby lotion after a shower can be an effective way to help sooth and relax your little one and get them ready for bed time.
Last Published* November, 2021
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.