Smiling Face, Jaw Circles, Rolling Ears & Stroking Massage
This session continues the face massaging session started in the scalp circles video in our baby massage and yoga program. You can, however, simply start here.
These 3 strokes help you to continue bonding with your baby. Jaw circles also release any tension from crying and aid with teething. Ear curls are a big hit with many babies and are known to turn cranky grunts into coos of delight.
Don’t forget to softly talk to your baby throughout this routine, explaining what you’re doing and encouraging them to let go and relax.
Smiling face, jaw circles, rolling ears & stroking massage step by step
- Sit loosely cross-legged on your yoga mat or rug, with your baby lying in front of you
- Begin by asking baby’s permission to start. Then chant Om 3 times
- Place your thumbs above baby’s top lip and stroke towards the jaw, ensuring the pressure is even, otherwise baby might think a feed is about to be offered
- Repeat the move but from the centre of the chin and stroke towards the jaw
- Now use the pads of your index fingers to circle around baby’s jaw
- Lightly knead the lobes of your baby’s ears between your fingers and thumbs
- Next uncurl the tops of your baby’s ears
- Finish by stroking down from the crown of baby’s head all the way to the toes
- Repeat several times
- Then hold your baby close, giving them a cuddle and kiss
Next try touch relaxation
Return to full list of baby massage & yoga videos