Your baby’s sleep – Making Your Baby’s Cot
Making your baby’s cot is a simple, quick task you do everyday; but remember that how you make it is really important. Use the following guidelines that have been supplied by SIDS and Kids as part of their Safe Sleeping Guidelines to ensure your baby is as safe as they can possibly be.
- Make sure your baby’s head remains uncovered during sleep
- Put your baby on the back to sleep
- Tuck in your baby’s bedclothes securely
- Position your baby’s feet at the bottom of the cot
- Do not put your baby on a water bed or bean bag
- Use a clean, firm, well-fitting mattress
- Quilts, doonas, duvets, pillows, soft toys and cot bumpers in the cot are not recommended
Last Published* November, 2021
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.