The Hills Parenting Centre:
The Hills Parenting Centre is located in Baulkham Hills NSW. It offers a mobile home visiting service where families are supported in their own homes. This is an alternative to staying at a residential centre when it is not an option.
The Hills Parenting Centre is designed as a specialty parenting centre to support parents with young children aged from birth to 5 years of age. Support is offered for a range of issues including, sleep, behaviour, nutrition and development. Staff come from a variety of different health care disciplines. Registered nurses, midwives, lactation consultants, counsellors, psychotherapists and a masseuse form part of the professional staff mix.
There is a cost to parents for any of the services offered. Fees vary according to the service provided and are discussed at the time of booking a service. Most of the services provided are available within a week of first contact.
Services Offered by The Hills Parenting Centre:
- Day Stay Home Visiting is available 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Saturday.
- Night Stay Home Visits are also available where a health professional stays overnight and provides one on one guidance and support.
- Support is offered in caring for a newborn baby, in particular issues relating to sleep, feeding, managing reflux, lactation and weaning.
- Toddler behaviour, sleep and settling issues, routine management and night waking are common areas which require support.
- Lactation Consultancy is a specialty service for breastfeeding mothers who require a more intensive form of support and guidance with feeding issues.
- A Well Baby Clinic is held one morning per week. Appointments are necessary for this specialty service which addresses growth and development.
- Saturday Service is available for parents who are limited by work commitments through the week.
- Toddler Management targets issues which relate specifically to this age group.
- After Hours Services are available outside business hours or on public holidays.
- Follow-up Care is available for all clients who require ongoing assistance and support.
Topics Covered in Parenting Groups:
- Preparing For Your New Baby
- New Parent’s Network
- Child Safety, Child First Aid and Basic Resuscitation
- Sleep Baby Sleep
- Toddlers: Big Engines. Small Brakes
- Well Baby Clinic
Parenting Groups are held at:
105 Showground Road
Castle Hill 2154. Telephone: 9659 7760
Contact Details for The Hills Parenting Centre:
Phone: (02) 9639 1187
Check www.hillsparentingcentre.com for more information.
For more information see Baby settling or Baby Care