Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. When was your baby born?
  5. ~OCTOBER 2008~ mums & bubs

~OCTOBER 2008~ mums & bubs Lock Rss

Congrats to all the new and repeat mums. Hope most are getting some sleep.

Kris- Dont be worried if you have your little one on formula. She got the good stuff (clostrum) and that is the most important stuff for them to have. With DD I was given guilt trips once I put her on formula but she was also loosing weight and didnt get back to birth weight until 5weeks old and she wasnt even jauniced. I think that as ong as they are happy and healthy who cares how they are fed.

Well Thomas is doing well. 12days old today. How time flies. Had the Child health nurse yesterday and he has put on 160gms in 6 days which is good. He gets very upset in the afternoons so we are trying to draw out his afternoon feeds to 3hourly as he likes to snack then but that could be causing some of his problems.

Went shopping at Marion today and he was a little angel, typical male got bored and slept the whole time, lol. Got a couple of stocking fillers for the kids and also BIL's pressie. Only the rest of the kids stoking stuffers and 3 others to go now (we do a draw on both sides). DH doesnt get anything this year as he got a motorbike and all the gear that goes with it.

Well better go and get organised for bed while the little man is asleep.

Hope to hear how everyone is going soon.
Julie-Annexxx

Congrats to all the new and repeat mums. Hope most are getting some sleep.

Kris- Dont be worried if you have your little one on formula. She got the good stuff (clostrum) and that is the most important stuff for them to have. With DD I was given guilt trips once I put her on formula but she was also loosing weight and didnt get back to birth weight until 5weeks old and she wasnt even jauniced. I think that as ong as they are happy and healthy who cares how they are fed.

Well Thomas is doing well. 12days old today. How time flies. Had the Child health nurse yesterday and he has put on 160gms in 6 days which is good. He gets very upset in the afternoons so we are trying to draw out his afternoon feeds to 3hourly as he likes to snack then but that could be causing some of his problems.

Went shopping at Marion today and he was a little angel, typical male got bored and slept the whole time, lol. Got a couple of stocking fillers for the kids and also BIL's pressie. Only the rest of the kids stoking stuffers and 3 others to go now (we do a draw on both sides). DH doesnt get anything this year as he got a motorbike and all the gear that goes with it.

Well better go and get organised for bed while the little man is asleep.

Hope to hear how everyone is going soon.
Julie-Annexxx

Hi Tricia
DH & myslef are both blonde and DD is very very blonde. It was a little hard with the bonding with us also especially for DH. Probably due to the fact the I came home for 2 weeks before she did, wasn't a great pegnancy and DS takes up so much of our time and he is so interactive and DD not. I have since bonded with DD but DH still has not which causes me great frustration with him, it's not her fault and he complains even when she cries and compares her to DS. Not at all what I expected considering all he wanted was a little gril. So I can relate a little. Hopw things are looking up for you
Narelle

Hi Everyone

Kris: I know what you mean about the lack of sleep and being so emotional. I have a good day and then a really bad night and then I am back to feeling miserable again. Getting easier now that Fin is 6 weeks old and is more alert. He is now feeding every 3 hours so getting a bit of extra sleep (nothing like the 5 hours I had with DD though!).

Narelle: It must be a second child thing because Finn cries all the time too (is doing it right now!). I have started to bond which is good – has taken a while. DH isn’t really into babies so he usually takes until they are walking and talking to feel any confidence! You did have a traumatic pregnancy, etc so it is understandable that things are different for you all this time around. I have been very lucky because DD is sooo helpful and does things like put her dolls under the playgym or changes their nappies (saying “poo is everywhere’). I think that is the difference between boys and girls – girls try to be like mummy.

(P.S. I am the one who does complain and compare when Finn seems to cry non-stop – on those really bad days.)

Anyway I had better go and pick this boy up. Typical as I have only just put DD to bed (she is up but will go to sleep soon). So no sleep for me today and I really need it after a bad night......

Tricia smile

[b][color=purple]~OCTOBER 2008 MUMS~[/b][/color]

October 01 - POOkie
October 01 - DJOF7A
October 01 - Kmarie
October 01 - Hunter Jewlz (GIRL)
October 02 - Kate96 - NZ (Kate) (BOY)
October 02 - LeanneJO - #1 (BOY)
October 04 - Karenajones - #1 (Karena) (BOY)
October 05 - Simone01
October 07 - Knz
October 07 - CuddlyK
October 07 - RW5954
October 07 - AimeeS
October 07 - Kapiti - #1
October 07 - Katrinatate - #2
October 07 - JaimeeC - #1
October 08 - Marnieg
October 08 - agent 117 - NSW #1
October 08 - Nicki75 (Nicki) (SURPRISE)
October 09 - istabe - NZ #1 (BOY)
October 09 - Rachael G - #1
October 10 - Stylie - #2 (Tanz)
October 11 - Kaz304
October 11 - PamT #1
October 12 - NA27
October 12 - Guccimama
October 12 - Finally preggers
October 12 - Onealia - NSW #1 (Mare)
October 13 - Thebelly - QLD #3 (Vic) (BOY)
October 14 - Cilla3003 - #2 (Cilla) (BOY)
October 15 - Lisapd - NZ #2 (Lisa) (BOY)
October 15 - Nikki-chikki - #1 (Nikki) (BOY)
October 16 - Balicinta
October 16 - elise.prosser - (Elise)
October 17 - nagemj - #1 (Megan)
October 17 - Konja195 - #1
October 17 - Bassmama81 - #1 (Bianca) (GIRL)
October 17 - Rysmom - QLD #2 (BOY)
October 17 - Fatty26 - #4
October 18 - Jakeysmummy - NZ #2 (Ange K)(SURPRISE)
October 18 - jaydensmum22 - #2
October 18 - erinmumtobe - NSW (Erin) (BOY)
October 19 - kdewahl - WA #3 (Kylie) (SURPRISE)
October 19 - Fluffy73 - NZ #1 (Wendy)
October 20 - Kelstar777 - (BOY)
October 21 - **becky** - TAS #1
October 21 - Linda0910 - #1
October 22 - Spilly
October 22 - abby e-s - NZ #1
October 23 - Trace82 - VIC #1 (Trace) (BOY)
October 23 - elise-21 - QLD #2 (elise) (GIRL)
October 23 - Julandy - #4 (Julandy) (BOY)
October 24 - chloesma - WA #2
October 24 - Megsamum - SA #2 (Meg)
October 25 - Bubs#1 - #1
October 25 - Jematt - #3 (Liz) (SURPRISE)
October 25 - Renee84 - #1 (Renee) (GIRL)
October 25 - Ckleach - QLD (Kirsti)
October 25 - Jafada - #1 (Franky) (BOY)
October 26 - mummyndbubba
October 27 - kellzrox - #1 (BOY)
October 27 - onthehorizon - SA #1 (Georgie)(BOY)
October 27 - **Jaz** - (jasmine)
October 28 - Rachael joy - #1 (BOY)
October 28 - Taryn008 - #1
October 28 - peachy87 - #1(SURPRISE)
October 30 - Jemima Puddleduck - #2 (Jem)
October 30 - Safaa
October 31 - rachBone
October 31 - Fuffet
October 31 - Wendyb 85 - #1 (Wendy)
October 31 - Mel2 - #3 (Mel)(SURPRISE)
October 31 - Setia - #2 (GIRL)

[b][color=red]~BIRTHS~[/b][/color]

BK5CD5 (BEC) - Kelsey Jade - born 24 August - (was due 9th November!) Congrats!!!

Samuels mum (Narelle) - Reagan Jade (2.68kg)- born 12th September (was due 13th October!!)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

KylielovesJosh (Kylie) - Oakley Thomas - born 8th September (was due 12th October) Congrats!!!

Happymumto4 (Julie) - Erynn Rose -born 19th September (due 1st October) Congrats!!!!

HuggaSA (Raych)- Landon Hallett Dean -born 23rd September (due 1st October) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Liv2008- Tatum Ilirjana Helen Nicols- born 19th Sept (due Oct 4th) Congratulations!!!

Tricia1975 (Tricia)- Fin - born 24th Sept (due Oct 6th) Congratulations

Boo-Shoe- Charlie William - born 25th Sept (due Oct 1st) Congrats!!

Luv being a mum (Cath) - Joshua Lachlan - born 26th Sept (due Oct 6th) Congratulations!!!

Lisad76 (Lisa) - Christopher James - born September 12th (due Oct 7th) Congrats!!!!

Mummyv2b (Tracey) - Leni Zahra - born Sept 12th (due Oct 4th) Congratulations!

~Rella~ (Cindy) (AKA Raych's sister!) - Jesslyn Grace -Born October 3rd (due Oct 13th) CONGRATS!!!!!

October bubs (Tineke) - Jackson - born September 30th (due Oct 20th) Well done & Congrats!

Lilchook (Kris) - Frankie Elizabeth - born Sept 28th (due Oct 18th) Congratulations!!!

Rinny (Corrine) - Akira Calleigh - born Oct 4th (due Oct 10th) Congrats!!

Cathie12 (Cathie) - ~TWINS~ Sam & Hana - born September 30th (due Oct 18th) Congratulations!!

My3littleangels (Leah) - Emilie Grace - born Oct 4th (due 17th) - Congrats

SGW (Sarah) - Poppy Anne - born Oct 6th (due 16th) - Congrats

Aliciamum05 (Ange)- Lara Claire - born Oct 8th (due 13th)- Congrts

Lilpossum- Jack - born Oct 8th (due 17th)- Congrats

Lirie09 (Marie)- Layla Karen- born Oct 7th (due 24th) Congrats

JDC+Bump (Jenny) - Jackson Jay- born Oct 6th (due 14th) Congratulations!!

Chartunley (Charlene) - Abby Jayde - born Oct 3rd (due 11th) Congrats!

Mummy4lillyan (Sandie) - Briella Emillie - born Oct 10th (due 22nd) Congratulations!

Kirbya1 (Kirby) - Brodee Jack - born Oct 14th (Due Oct 30th) Congratulations mate!!

SpecialKG (Kris) - Madison Lee - born Oct 7th (Due Oct 14th) Yay! Congrats!

Cheeky Girls Mummy (Eveline) -Bradley Andrew - born Oct 13th (due Oct 2nd) Congratulations!

Angel Eyes (Sez) - Mia Ann-Louise - born Oct 9th (due Oct 4th) Congrats!

Melann (Mel) - Courtney Jade - born Oct 16th (due Oct 24th) Congratulations matey!!!

Brookie86 (Brooke) - Tyson Theodore John -born Oct 15th (due Oct 8th) Congrats!

Anakurtmac (Leanne) - Oscar Michael Harvey - born Oct 10th (due Oct 22nd) COnGraTulatioNs!!!

Foxymum84 - Sallese Alana -Born Oct 6th (Due Oct 10th)Congratulations!!

Damcheye (Sandra)- Nathaniel Robert Stan -born Oct 17th (Due Oct 17th!!!!!) Congrats!!!

AilsMc (Ails) - Mia Ellen - born Oct 18th (due Oct 15th) Congratulations!!!!!

Sweet Angel - Sarah Leanne - born Oct ? (due Oct 27th) Congrats!

SexyJoxx (Jo) - Lucy Gillian -born oct 15th (Due Oct 12th) CoNgRaTs!!

Jenim80 (Jen) - Holly Maree - born Oct 15th (due Oct 6th) Congratulations!!!

Katelyn-Jade (Michelle) - Katelyn-Jade Isabella -born Oct 14th (due Oct 27th) Well done & congrats!!

2Long (Belinda)- Harrison Robert - born Oct 19th (Due Oct 9th) Congratulations!!!

Staaria (Tash)- Adriel Church - born Oct 21st (right on due date!) Congrats!!!

Angelfe (Fiona)- Aleisha Jade - born Oct 10 (due Oct 17th) Well done & Congrats!!!

Too Many Men (was:Mother In Waiting)(Leanne C)- Isaac Jonathan - born Oct 27th (due Oct 21st) Congratulations!!!!!

KPA43C (Kelly) - Jacob Patrick - born Oct 13th (due Oct 14th) conGratUlaTioNS!!!

Lovelygirl (Julie-Anne) - Thomas Jack- born Oct 24th (due Oct 27th) Well done & congrats!!

Monkey08 (Corryn) - Laura May - born Oct 16th (due Oct 20th) ConGRaTs!!!

Natricho (Nat) - Noah Lane - born Oct 17th (due Oct 27th) Well done & Congratulations!!!

Melissa May (Melz)- Ryan James- born November 1st (due Oct 27th) Congrats!!!

Simone S (Simone)- baby boy- born Nov 3rd (due Oct 27th) Well done & congrats xox

Mel Glenn (Melanie)- Harry Glenn- born Oct 8th (due Oct 4th) CoNgRaTs!!!

Shellie1 (Michelle)- Olivia Grace- born Oct 5th (due Oct 10th) Well Done & Congratulations!!!

1st tym mummy (Ashleigh)-baby boy- born Oct 13th (due Oct 13th) Congratulations!!

[b][color=blue]BOYS:[/b][/color]24
[b][color=pink]GIRLS:[/b][/color]27

Woohooo!!! more and more babies born!!!
i should think so anyways, seeing as October is over now!!!

I see Melz and Simone have finally had their little ones!!! awww, cant wait to see pics u guys!!
Trace, have u had your bub yet???

Im just popping on very quickly today. gotta head off to the doctors for Landons 6 week check up shortly!

Hasnt that gone quickly huh! 6 weeks already! bloody hell, seems like yesturday that i was still complaining about how fat and uncomfortable i was!!! (now im just fat and sleep deprived,lol!)

In saying that, i sure do miss being pregnant already! The kicks,and the belly bump..awwww, i miss the scans and the attention from friends and family!

most of all tho, i miss the sleep!!!!
Despite how uncomfy it was, it was better than getting woken up every 2 and a half hours, just to have a baby clamp down on the old nipples for half hour or so!

sigh...can u tell how much im loving it right now???

but yeah, it is a tough job (3 under 3), but im coping!

DP just went back to work on monday, so this is day 3 of me having the kids on my own all day long! its okay.just time consuming!!

will have to post more after...speaking of time consuming..i have to get kids sorted out to go to doctors shortly!

hope everyone is doing well,and i promise i'll try and do more personals later ok!

big squeezy hugs to all the gorgeous little babys!!!

Raych xoxoxoxo

Hello,
Have a few minutes of peace..(Hope I haven't spoken too soon!)...So I thought i'd pop in for a bit. I don't know how you mums with more than one can cope so well!!! I only have one and I couldn't imagine having any more at the moment. Madison is even doing quite well I think and I am still an emotional and stressed out wreck by the time the afternoon roles around. Sometimes I just don't think I am cut out for this stay at home mum stuff.

Madison is sleeping quite well through the night...Most nights I only get up once or twice. But through the day she only has one sleep in the morning and then is awake and cranky for the rest of the day...And for the morning sleep she only stays asleep if I put her on her tummy and then I can't get anything done anyway cos I have to check on her every 5 mins. Frustrating for me but I know others have it a lot worse. At least she sleeps through the night better. So by the time 5 o'clock comes I am hanging out for DH to get home and then I give her to him and go hide out in the shower for half hour to regain composure again.

Anyway, thats my vent...Sorry to everyone that is reading this thinking "What on earth is she complaining about!" I know that it is much harder for everyone else...Thats why I think maybe I'm just not patient enough for this????

Anyway, I'm very keen to hear about others routines so far and any advice so I keep my sanity and don't feel so completely useless at this MUM thing.

See ya
Kris
Hi Kris

The first one is always time consuming, etc. It takes time to get to know your little one and to get to know how to be a mum. For DD I knew after 1 yawn to put her to bed. With DS I think it is 3 yawns - but there can be a huge gap between this time so I sometimes jump the gun and put him to bed too early. Really hard as I am so tired so just want the both of them to sleep at the same time!

If your little one is cranky I expect she is over tired and this means it is harder to put her to bed. Saying that every baby is different - my niece only slept about 2 hours in every 24 hour period and she did this for a year. And to top it off when you do finally learn their signs they go ahead and change them.

Second time around you have already learnt the 'crying out' technique to teach the little ones to sleep, etc - so it is much easier to let the baby cry for a bit as you are in the middle of feeding the older one, or giving them a shower, etc - and if we are lucky during the wait they have put themselves back to sleep anyway! But I must say DS does have a great pair of lungs on him - I don't remember DD being soooo loud.

At least you have a repreive when DH comes home. My DH doesn't do the baby thing, and because of this DD won't let him put her to bed - so I am usually feeding and reading a story at the same time and just praying DS will go to bed as soon as I am finished with DD. He is asleep but everytime I try to put him down he wakes up. As we speak I have managed to keep him quiet for 5 minutes in a bouncer but his cries are about to start again..... So as well as the 2/3 hour feeds I have a period of about 4 hours where he cluster feeds. So if I am lucky I get to shower at 9:30pm. I feel really bad as at the moment I am just not enjoying it and I get angry so easily. My children are wonderful but they need their mother to get some good sleep. I don't expect that to happen anytime soon...

Anyway better go - still have at least 30 minutes before he will finally go to sleep ..... so I can then do eat, do dishes, ironing, office work, etc, etc, etc. My DH works very hard but at least when he comes home he can just relax.

Tricia smile

Hi guys,

Kris.. I totally get where you are coming from. I am also struggling a bit with being a mum. I know it's all the crazy hormones going absolutely nuts and just the big life change in general, but I can't help but think I'm not cut out for it all. I totally love Mia, but when she is screaming (and i mean SCREAMING) i just don't want to be near her. I know that sounds mean, but i can't help it. She has similar sleeping pattern to your Madison.. sleeps ok during the night and then like today, awake from 10.30 till around 5pm. I can tell she is tired as she is yawning all the time, but she just won't sleep.

I feel I have cried more in the last 2 weeks than i have for a very long time. To top it all off, I am now having Mia on formula as I had troubles in hospital with bleeding nipples, so had to take her off for a few days..This was ok as i have been doing expressing and formula but now my C/S wound has opened up and has been leaking fluid/blood for the last week and I am now on antibiotics and have been told not togive her my boob juice at all. I felt as if I had let her down with the not being able to breastfeed her at all now.. but I know there are millions of babies on formula who have grown up just as well.
Richard has been an abslolute blessing and has been doing whatever he can for me and MIa.. I can't ask for anyone better to look after us.

Anyway.. So sorry for the whinge guys.. It's just been one of those days. Like Kris said.. if anyone has any tips or advice.. I am more than willing to here it.

Ails xx

Hi Tricia and Ails,
Phew! Thanks for your posts. It really is a relief sometimes to know that your not alone when it comes to all of these emotions. I have friends that have kids that are already over 2 and they keep saying.."Just enjoy her..She won't be that little for very long. They grow so fast." I know they are right but if I am having a bad day, sometimes I just wish that we could skip this newborn part. That sounds terrible I know...Love her to bits...Even got a funny sort of smile out of her the other day...

Its funny how one moment I find myself thinking this is great..I can do this..Then she'll start screaming for apparently no reason and I find myself counting down the months until I go back to work...INSANE!!!

Anyhoo, all is good at the moment...Madison sleeping peacefully in cot...Dinner and dishes done...Man its starting to get hot here..Oh and Madison has this horrible looking rash that appears on her face which flairs up when she is really giving her lungs a work out..Mum says its a milk/heat rash or something??? Anyone else getting the same??

I suppose I really should get my act together and get a siggy happening hey! I love looking at all your pics of bubs so I should really pull my finger out. Will have to browse the forums for instructions though...Sounds like it would be tricky.

AILS-- I understand completely about having to stop BF. I had to also when she was to weak to feed from jaundice really bad. I expressed to give it to her from a bottle...Then it just dried up. Was sad for awhile but I guess as long as she is getting fed it doesn't really matter..Its about her after all...Not my issues with wanting to be a successful breastfeeder.

Hope you are all having a reasonably decent night.
See ya
Kris
Oh and where are all the other October mums hanging out?? Only seems to be a few of us in here.
Hi Girls

I jsut found this thread! YAY!!

Just a quick one from me for tonight, as both girls are in bed and I should be joining them before I have to wake up again to feed Lara!

I got to spend a lovely hour with Simone and her husband Phillip yesterday and of course their gorgeous little boy. I hope Simone doesn't mind, but I thought I would let you know they have called him Phoenix and he is just adorable. Simone is gorgeous and such a lovely person and her husband is to die for (hope you don't mind me saying that Simone). Not only is he a caring hubby, but a doting dad, and to top it all off was reading books to Alicia ... what a champ!

Thought I would let you all know that I had an SMS from Mel today and she is doing okay, I was starting to get worried about her.

Raych, nice to see you on here typing again, it was getting very quiet without you!

Ails ... big HUGS!!

Anyway I will do some more personals tomorrow.

Ange xx

Sign in to follow this topic