Posted by: My Girls
What's everyone buying for their bubs this xmas? Just realised have the older girls pressies but only 1 thing for Emmy. Any ideas? Karen x
Not a lot! lol, I figure that we've spent a fair bit on him already that there isn't a need to get him much for xmas. I've gotten him a vtech baby (bought at june toy sales, it's from 6month+ I think though, so he won't know what to do with it for awhile), some Jack and Milly clothes (my FAVOURITE kids clothing brand!), a rocking horse teddy, a birthday bear (got all the boys one) which I am so happy with, ordered it off their internet site and the bears are such a beautiful gift!...and I think that's it. We got blankets, rattles, playmat etc at toy sales too so he just got them early.
He's going to have no idea it's xmas anyway so I don't see the need to spend money on him, we did the same with the older boys, they get great presents, but at this age I don't see the point in spending a small fortune when they don't appreciate their toys, don't expect them and don't fully understand the whole giving and receiving thing.
-congrats (again) on the engagement! SO happy for you, good to know after 3 children he's going to make an honest woman out of you, lol! And look after yourself, make sure you talk to your gp if you're feeling overwhelmed, you have every bloody right to feel exhausted, twins; I can't imagine! Just make sure YOU are ok. xx
- Hope the foot is healing soon, Have you finished all the xmas shopping now?
- Make sure you are looking after yourself hun, don't put too much pressure on yourself, especially with trying to toilet train Joel as well, with DS1 I waited til DS2 was a few months old before I really started training him, that can be a full on time as it is, especially looking after a newborn as well!
-Sounds like you had a corker of a day with Jaz, glad you had an understanding friend! lol, what a sight Miss Jaz must of been. I always hate it when I hear "Mummy, uh oh" coming from DS2's room after I've put him down for a sleep, usually find him drawing with the contents of his nappy! ewww! lol, ahhh kids! smile
- Well done on breastfeeding to 6 and a half weeks! smile
] don't be too hard on yourself, you tried, and it doesn't always work. Every baby and supply is different. As long as Krista is happy and gaining weight, that's all that matters. Look after yourself. Are you all ready for xmas?
- How did you go with your first day alone with 3? I try and get all my 3 down at roughly the same time, even 15 minutes in a day can make a huge difference to my sanity, lol. DS1 is nearly 4 so doesn't sleep, but it's "special" for him to be allowed to lay down on our bed and watch cartoons. Can be so exhausting somedays though. Can certainly relate!
- Are you all settled in to the new place now? Must have been hard work moving with a newborn, it's tiring enough with out one! lol.
Hope everyone is well, I'm good, tired (as always). Trying to keep the children quiet while hubby sleeps, he worked 11pm-7:30am last night with a "challenging" client, so is rather exhausted! Don't like him doing nights wink
], I miss my snuggles! lol, so pathetic!
Take care everyone