Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

**October 2009 Babies** Lock Rss

Hi Mum-Shell,

I'm also BF then offering formula as I had issue with Emmy gaining weight. I find sometimes she will take a bottle but othertimes refuse the bottle and only want boob! Do you find this? Also how often you do offer FF, after every feed or only some, and how long do you feed for (boob) Sorry for all the questions just wonder how other mums BF & FF together. I'm also on motilium hoping it will work. I cried all day when I had to start giving her formula but I couldn't afford for her to lose anymore weight. Totally understand how you are feeling.

Cassie how did you go with the herbs? What did you end up getting and do you need to take much each day?

take care mums
Karen

I'm not sure how long I will continue to solely breastfeed, Sarah is not putting on much weight either but as long as she doesn't slide with her weight any lower, I'll keep it up. She is just a light feeder! I offer her feeds (extra) and she mostly does not want them except sometimes in the evening she wants extra feeds then she sleeps longer after.
I only started with the fenugreek yesterday and the bottle says 3 x 1000mg capsules per day so thats what I'm doing. I expressed what was left after feeding this morning, she was content and I was able to express a further 40mls, not alot but at least I know I've got enough for her needs at the moment.
Life with 3 is hectic when Sarah is unsettled, otherwise it is great. My DS who is the middle child seems to have severe seperation anxiety at the moment and I knew he would not handle not being the youngest very well. He loves Sarah though, and gives her kisses all day.
Karen
Sarah won't take a bottle after a breastfeed at all, she only takes the bottle if she is very hungry so I really hope she puts on more weight this month as combining probably won't work with us sad Also, the motilium works VERY well, you'll notice after you've been taking it for 2-3 days, I got too full!

hey mums,

Cassie, i could imagine you would always have something to do with 3 kiddies smile never a dull moment.. I think 3 is just perfect though, you may be busy now but it will settle once everyone is used to the shift in family dynamics..

combine feeding after a breast feed really does pick their weight up. Karen i was really upset when i had to give hayden formula aswell. But i couldnt stand the thought of him being hungry, and not thriving sad, esp with him taking 5 weeks to get back to his birth weight !! everyone was panicking and it was a no win situation. Hayden will have 10 mins on each side with the breast feeding, then i wait to see if he is hungry then i make a 90 ml formula feed. sometimes he takes it all and other times he will only take 1/2 of it, just depends on him. He is heaps happier though and that makes everyone happier smile I just think we have tried our best and at least the baby is getting some breast milk thats just great. Im finding the motilium is working a bit too, but you do have to keep expressing too etc.

mamma2

Hi. I'm new to the thread. I have bubba boy #2, Isaac who was born on the 28th of October. I was in the due in Nov 09 thread but since I had an October baby I decided to pop into here.
Isaac is going great. He was born at 2.8kg and at last check was up to 4.8kg. He is fully breastfed and such a little piggy. Just gorgeous. He's only on the 25th percentile for his height and weight but I'm sure he'll be up on the higher end of the scale in no time.
I'm lucky enough to have a easy baby this time! My 1st was a nightmare for the first 6 months. Isaac happily sleeps in a 7-8 hour block each night then he's up for one feed then back to sleep for a few more hours.
I finally have both kidlets into bed now so I'm enjoying some relaxing "me" time before my DP returns home from his day of fishing gasp)

Welcome Hannah, how early was Isaac? I love the name BTW smile

To the mums who have 3 kids, are you having any problems with bad behaviour from the older 2 when you are dealing with the bub?
When it is just me at home with my 3, the older 2 just run amok!
They are 3.5yrs, 22 months and 9.5 weeks.
They don't listen and don't do what I ask of them, they are having a ball, laughing running etc...but driving me completely insane. If they just stopped when I told them to, or picked up toys or ate dinner or stopped turning my bathroom into a flood zone....grrrr!!!!!!
Any ideas? I try giving them things to do when I'm busy breastfeeding or doing anything with Sarah (bub) but they see I'm otherwise occupied and just do whatever they want.

Sounds like my household Cassie

Sometimes the girls are great and help when I ask them other times it's like they have grown horns lol Does seem worse when I'm breastfeeding or busy with Em. Does get really frustrating at times and we do have to bribe them at times
(like no swimming until they have cleaned their room etc) I generally make a big thing of them helping me and telling them they are such great helpers when they get a clean nappy or wipes etc.

Posted by: Cassie71
Welcome Hannah, how early was Isaac? I love the name BTW smile

To the mums who have 3 kids, are you having any problems with bad behaviour from the older 2 when you are dealing with the bub?
When it is just me at home with my 3, the older 2 just run amok!
They are 3.5yrs, 22 months and 9.5 weeks.
They don't listen and don't do what I ask of them, they are having a ball, laughing running etc...but driving me completely insane. If they just stopped when I told them to, or picked up toys or ate dinner or stopped turning my bathroom into a flood zone....grrrr!!!!!!
Any ideas? I try giving them things to do when I'm busy breastfeeding or doing anything with Sarah (bub) but they see I'm otherwise occupied and just do whatever they want.

Sounds just like my house!! I have a 5 year old that constantly back chats and says NO to everything I ask of her and a 3 yo that trys her utmost to annoy the crap out of everyone from the time she gets out of bed till when she goes back!

Anyways I have not been here for ages *slaps hand* Other than 2 feral children everything else is going well! Mahli is great, still has not got her self into a night routine but sleeps for about 3 hours in 1 sleep then has another hour and a cat nap in the afternoon. She is very content which is great smile Always very smiley and just starting to talk lol. She is also trying to roll over sad Can get to her side without much fuss so it wont be too long sad I just want her to stay a baby lol smile

Well hope everyone is well and all had a good Christmas smile We had a nice quiet one and now have my little bro (12) here for a few weeks.

Will try and get here more! If I don't have anyone on fb my name is Alissa Leslie and profile pic is of my 3 girls smile

Hey ladies

hope everyones had a great xmas with there new bubis.
I cnt believe how much n how quickley they grow up sad i wantd shayla to stay little forever, shes had oral thrush for about 3 weeks having trouble getting rid of it poor little muffin wont feed properly coz her mouth is sore sad but shes sleeping pretty good from 9.30 - 5.30 has a feed for 20 mins nd is back asleep til about 8.30 - 9am its great hope u all are doing wel and enjoying ur bubs

Hi ladies
I am new to this thread but thought I would post in here as i have a little boy who was born 25 october 2 weeks early weighing 8 pound 1 ounce. I also have a 13 month old boy and love having a 10 months and a half age gap. Kyan my oldest just loves his little brother Jhett and doesnt stop giving him kisses and cuddles. My new baby however has a wind problem and i find it takes 2 hours just to burp and feed him any advice on how to help him bring up his wind better would be greatly appreciated. He is bottle fed and on mariners mixture for colic.
thx emma
Hi Emma,
I've never tried mariners mix but I used Infants friend to help get the wind up for Sarah and the other 2 as well, seems to work smile

hey ive never tired mariners mixture but you could try infacol

Hey emma.
try gripe water.
It really helped krista bring up her wind and it gets rid of hiccups aswell.

Sign in to follow this topic