Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

November 09 babies Lock Rss

Thanks Amanda..whats the best way to give the gripe water?
Ive heard it works wonders but didnt think I could give it to Isabel at this young age.

Simone smile

Hey all, Welcome to the new comers smile

I have decided to stop breast feeding Hunter, after 7wks of having to sit on the couch all day breast feeding, as much as i love it, its hard for me to do anything else, it was going good, but i think my milk has started to reduce again (like it did with my first DS), even though i do everything they said to increase ur milk, its alot of work to keep up breast feeding, lol, but he seems more happy now that he's getting formula, but i am proud of how far i got with the breast feeding smile

Chippee - you could try topping her up with some formula, if she's wanting more.

Hi everyone,
Chippee, I am also expressing and bottle feeding. I was told initially to give him 65ml's (he's 7 wks old but was 2-4wks prem) but he's up to 90-100mls now as he just seems to want more. I might get one or possibly two expresses with that amount first thing in the morning, but by the end of the day have about 50mls and top up with formula. I'd also like some suggestions about how to increase my supply? Sorry if tmi everyone. Yesterday he was weighed and had his first big weight gain, so it's put my mind at rest.
He did breastfeed up until a week ago when I changed. He hadn't really been putting on any weight and we were up to about plan d I think! He kept falling asleep on the breast, just not enough energy. I hope to possibly go back to bfing, but we'll see how we go. Be nice to do a mixture but we'll see...
Nice to see some more ppl on this forum.
Leasey.

/ur

I'm Lizz Lincoln arrived on the 26th of November weighing 9lb 6oz, 61cm he's our 4th.
We've had nothing but drama's since he was born and he ended up in hospital last week for a few days. He's not putting on weight despite topping up and bf. Now on medication to get my milk supply up back to hospital tomorrow to get him checked out again. Fingers crossed he's put on weight.
Liz (blonde lizzard) would still love to catch up when things settle down
Lizz

Leasey - I was told to use Fenugreek u get it at a health food store, also try a lactation consultant? Mine has been fantastic.
Lizz

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is going well with your bubs and you all had a great Christmas, we had a great one despite all of us having a summer cold including poor Jayden. I do feel sorry for him getting a cold at such a young age but what can you do when your toddler gets sick and comes home from daycare and sneezes over Jayden and touches him oh well hopefully he will get a better a immune system faster than DD did.
I have to say Jayden is a good boy so far I only have to get up once at night as long as I do a feed at 10pm he usually only wakes at 3am and then again around 7am. He has been like this since 3 weeks old, I wonder if this will change?
I am still BF and have to say really like it for my figure, I keep loosing weight got to be happy about that so even though sometimes I would like to stop eg lack of energy, tiredness most of the time I think I will keep going until 6months, it's at least giving him some immunity as well.

Better go and do some chores before DD awakes from her midday nap.

Kris

Posted by: LizzE
Liz (blonde lizzard) would still love to catch up when things settle down
Lizz

Yep that sounds great! Got a busy few weeks coming up, with new years and family birthdays, but after that would be good. Hope Lincoln's check up went well and he's put on some weight.

Things are going well here, Jamisyn is 6 weeks today and seems to be growing by the day. Getting the occasional night that she sleeps through, which has been wonderful. Think she's having a big growth spurt at the moment though, she's wanting to feed every 2-3 hours.

How was everyone's Christmas? Ours was good, flat out but good. Spent all of xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day driving to different family do's, including a birthday gathering for my nephew on xmas day, so was totally exhausted by last night. The kids got totally spoilt! Tannah had a ball though, loved opening all her presents. So glad it's over for another year though.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi girls, hope you all had a great christmas and got spoilt. We stayed home all day, and it was great not having to do anything.

I have been told you can increase you milk supply by eating these biscuits here is the reciepe and apparently they re really yummy..

Lactation Boosting Biscuit Recipe

1 cup butter or marg
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
1 cup or more chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Directions:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes

*can be found at any local health food store.
*NOTE* IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS

I am going to give them a try when I get around to making them, might do it this week and let you all know how it goes.

HTH

Tracey smile]

hi everyone, just a quick update on how everything is going with jorji. she was 6 weeks old yesterday and is now sleeping all night. she has her last feed at around 8 and sleeps through until 5 in the morning. i am enjoying getting up at that hour because it gives me time to get housework and washing done before it gets too hot. not that i have gotten much washing done lately as it has rained here since christmas day so i have had washing on the line for over a week and it's starting to pile up in the bathroom but i'm hoping that i will be able to catch up on most of it tomorrow unless the rain decides to come back. hope everyone had a great christmas and are going to have a great new years. i'll be celebrating my grandmother 80th birthday this nye so that will be fun. talk to you all again soon, sandie
Wow Sandie what is your trick ! My Izzy is 7 weeks old and still wakes for a feed during the night. She feeds between 730-830pm and still wakes at 315am on the dot for a feed...then she is 3 hourly for the rest of the day. I guess I cant complain...but I would love a full nights sleep !!
Simone

hi simone,
jorji was very big when she was born, 10lbs14, so i think that because she has been on at 150mls of formula for so long that she is just content to feed 4-6 hourly during the day and go all night. i was getting a bit concerned because she only has 4 bottles a day but she's putting on weight and isn't looking for another feed so i'm trying not to worry too much. when i was breast feeding she was waking every 3-4 hours but i couldn't produce enough milk because i lost 2.6 litres of blood after delivery as part of the placenta didn't come away. but it's all good now, just need to go back to the dr for my 6 week checkup which is a bit hard because of all the public holidays.
anyway, i'm sure she will start sleeping through soon.
Sandie.
HI Sandie
Well she was a big baby ! was she your first? Izzy was 7lb 14oz and c-section as I had pre-eclampsia. I too had probs with my milk and and not being able to produce enough. I found BF such a struggle and even tho Izzy latched on fine she was always hungry, even with formula top ups. I gave it 4 weeks then switched to formula and she is thriving..I have my 6wk coming up too and Izzy has her next weigh in and Im sure she has put on heaps...Simone

Sign in to follow this topic